Friday 11 March 2016

Should you let your loved one track your progress?

This is a serious question. I myself, have came across this question recently. 
Should we let others around us: colleague, mates, friends, family, co-workers track our progress in our skills and or abilities? This may have pros and cons:

The Pros:
  • They are aware of your desires to improve;
  • They get to know you;
  • You have that as a subject matter of conversation;
  • At least they know you're doing something with your life; 
The Cons:
  • It can get annoying, if you don't have any other topics to be always talking about yourself;
  • You might spark unwanted conflicts or competitions;
And most importantly
  • They won't be impressed, in the view of the fact that it would never be a surprise at all! 

The truth is, I am allowing the person I love to track any developments of my progress. So I'm taking these conclusions from my own personal experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment